Friday, June 24, 2011

little miss muffet

Little Miss Muffet, sat on her tuffet eating her curds and whey, when along came a spider, who sat down beside her and frightened Miss Muffet away.....
Later Daisy the Dog and Miss Muffet returned to her tuffet where Daisy enjoyed a spider snack and saved Miss Muffet's day!

I came across this 5 inch lovely in my laundry room and nearly fainted! I knew Jordan (on call that night) would not believe me about a large spider in the house, (I think baby spiders are large spiders)
so I took this pic as proof from a safe 10 foot distance. I then shut the door and returned with Daisy. At first even Daisy was reluctant to approach this very large spider but she soon had it in her mouth and was playing with it until it became a late night snack. Yeah Daisy, my hero!

I sent this pic to an entomologist and this was his response...  

"Don't worry, this is just a wolf spider, although quite a nice one! It's a beautiful specimen! Would have loved to have gotten it from you. If you come across one again just catch it in a cup and release it outside. The universe will thank you for it."

Sorry Mr. Entomologist, if I ever come across one of these again it is definitely not going into a cup!

And what is almost as disturbing as the indoor 5 inch spider...
the poor builder tiling work that is painfully obvious in the above picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment