Sunday, October 3, 2010

THE GREAT ESCAPE - Part Two

Having my reunion in Banff was great because we have family and friends in Calgary that I had the opportunity to visit. First on the list was my husband's med school buddy (whom I adore) and his beautiful daughters. We enjoyed a delicious dinner with an amazing mountain sunset as the backdrop. Cari, I am still thinking about your mushroom risotto! I had fun making necklaces with the girls and just catching up. One is seen modeling her necklace here.....she recently decided she needed bangs and cut them herself...looks good to me!
This particular friend helped me plan and attended my husband's surprise birthday in Las Vegas! Thanks again E! You are truly the best!
Next up was my husband's cousin's wife (that's a mouthful) and their daughter. I love getting together with them. J missed our annual Family Reunion & Holiday this Summer when she could not get the time off work, so I was so pleased when we were able to meet up over brunch! Little A is as cute as they come with an even cuter personality to match!
Little A had just lost a tooth and was excited to show me! This is our self portrait.

After brunch we took in a little shopping and Kristie had the brilliant idea of visiting a local quilt store. They don't call her Doctor for nothing!
We had so much fun at the shop and the best part was we discovered where to go for our next Great Escape. Who knew that there is such a thing as a Vegas Quilt Excursion where someone will pick you up from your hotel and take you to five quilting and fabric stores. We were giddy....Vegas here we come!
BTY - At the store, I bought the jelly roll of fabric from the quilt above...only time will tell if the quilt actually comes to fruition....quilting still intimidates me, I simply love touching (and purchasing) the fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment